Today I sat down with Dr. Denise MD, a Child and Adult Psychiatrist to discuss how parents can ensure they don’t raise a bully:
A few key ideas from the video:
- Teach your child how to communicate in the kindest way possible
- Teach your child to pause before they hit send on their text messages or email.
- Teach your child to be a citizen of the world, and to be friendly with the people around.
- Teach your child to smile, make eye contact, and use more verbal communication
- Teach your child about humanitarian values and altruism.
- Teach your child to be a leader and set a positive example for their friends.
Lost Your Child to Gaming?
I understand how you feel, because I was addicted to playing video games. In fact, I dropped out of high school, never went to college, and even wrote a suicide note. That is until I learned “why” I was so drawn to games. Today I’ve been game-free for seven years, and I’m finally reaching my full potential! Now I want to help your child do the same.
That’s why I’ve created Reclaim. I’ve taken my years of experience, and thousands of hours studying this subject, and distilled it to exactly what you need to know to help your child overcome their video game addiction.
Cam’s book Reclaim is brilliant and is highly needed. We strongly recommend Reclaim to parents seeking help and solutions for their kids struggling with digital media overuse. – Andrew Doan, MD, PhD (author, speaker, and neuroscientist) and Julie Doan, RN (author, speaker, and life coach)