The Benefits of Quitting Gaming

Taking 90 days off gaming improves your quality of life by 2x 1 1. King, Adair, Saunders, Delfabbroa, 2018 ×

Over two billion people play video games worldwide 2 2. Newzoo, 2018 × . For 90% or more of gamers it’s a healthy hobby and fun way to relax with friends. However, for the remaining 10% or less gaming can be destructive, and the World Health Organization estimates that 3-4% of these gamers struggle with an actual addiction to games 3 3. WHO, 2018 × .

Whether you are a gamer who wants to quit because you are struggling with an addiction, or you are simply curious about what life can be like without gaming, we hope the following data can be helpful for you in making your decision.

To quit gaming is to commit to living your life to the fullest. Not only will it increase the amount of time and energy you have to invest back into your goals and dreams, but there are numerous other benefits you can receive.

We asked hundreds of gamers to commit to not gaming for 90 days, and evaluated them across areas of their Quality of Life. Here were the results:

The Benefits of Quitting Gaming After 90 Days


Time Management




School/Work Performance


Intimate Relationships


Family Relationships


Relationships with Others


Psychological Health




Your Appearance

Want these benefits and so much more? Quit gaming today:

Need Ideas to Replace Gaming?

Want to quit gaming but worried about being bored? Enter your email below and I will give you access 60+ different hobby ideas, including an interactive new hobby finding tool.

"I downloaded the guide and found new activities to try.” -Rusaw